USCIS is issuing approvals in DACA (Deferred Action) cases for childhood arrivals for qualified applicants. 90% of those filed by this office have already been approved and work permits issued with a remaining 10% still pending with the USCIS office.
Deferred action is available for individuals who entered the US as children, are currently between the ages of 15 to 30 years old, have continuously resided in the US since June 15, 2007 to the present, were present in the US on June 15, 2012 and are currently in school, graduated or received a GED or were honorably discharged from the US Armed Forces or US Coast Guard. Certain aliens with significant misdemeanors (including a DUI) and other criminal history may not qualify. Persons currently in removal proceedings or who have a final order of removal may be eligible under the new law and have their removal order temporarily set aside. Deferred Action protects those in unauthorized status, here without status or papers for a minimum period of 2 years. Applicants may also request a work permit. For more information or to apply for deferred action and a work permit, contact us. Habla Espanol.
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano announced earlier in the week that a final rule has been drafted paving the wave for provisional stateside waivers to begin. Stateside Waiver processing will substantially reduce the time U.S. citizens are separated from their immediate relatives (spouse, children and parents), who are currently unlawfully present in the US. Under the final rule these persons may apply in advance for a provisional unlawful presence waiver before they must depart the US to attend their immigrant visa interviews in their home countries.
Under federal law, in order to obtain a provisional unlawful presence waiver, the applicant must be an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, be inadmissible only on account of unlawful presence, and demonstrate the denial of the waiver would result in extreme hardship to his or her U.S. citizen spouse or parent. Those family members who are deemed inadmissible due to fraud would need additional waivers. All eligible family members must first have an I-130 approved before the immigrant visa process can begin. The I-601A Provisional Waiver process take effect March 4, 2013.
K-1 VISA E-BOOK SOON TO BE RELEASED
A comprehensive K-1 Fiancé Visa E-Book is scheduled to be released early this Spring published by the Law Offices of Barbara-Ann Williams, PC which will provide a step-by-step guide to applying for a K-1 Fiancé Visa. The guide is meant to assist those undergoing or contemplating sponsoring a fiancé to immigrate to the US.
Written in a straightforward, easy to understand manner the e-book offers readers insider tips and practice pointers utilized by immigration attorneys to avoid the common pitfalls, delays and even denials to bringing a loved one to the United States. The e-Book will cover the application process, how to properly document an application, the best way to prepare for the visa interview, how to determine if your fiancé will require a waiver, sample forms, cover letters, and much more. More information to follow.